Sunday, October 18

Via ferrata Pt2

If you missed the first part of this post please scroll down and read that first, it'll all make a little more sense that way.

Here is a view that picks up on the last post. The last picture in that post was me sitting on the trail part of this photo.
It kind of shows the exposure I've been talking about. Yah there is a trail, but it doesn't always look like there is a trail. This a typical scene. Big cliffs.

Here is a nice shot of all of our crew. This section was about what 80 percent of the trail looks like. Not to bad.


Here is Stu and Andy walking through an easy section of trail.


This was one of the first sections that could feel a little sketchy. A little ledge for your feet but iron holds for your hands. Looking down at this point your not to high up, maybe 40 or so feet. The trail then widens back up, and this part is maybe only 25 ft long or so.


And finally, the crux of the route. Here is Andy and Stu at the "monkey bar" section of the route. This is absolutly phenomenal. You climb out around this knuckle on the iron ladder. In the middle of the ladder you look down and see nothing for hundreds and hundreds of feet and then finally the ground. Brilliant! Thats about it for the route. Not to much further to the end from here. it was definatly one of the coolest things I've done in a while and I recomend it. If any one wants to come out I'll be your guide! Also thanks to Ryan Truen for the photos, Cheers mate!









2 comments:

  1. My stomach is churning. I would be one of those faint of heart when it comes to heights. Just reading this and seeing the pics has my hands sweating, stomach turning, heart pacing, knot in throat, and tears welling.
    Someday I would love to visit you...just promise me my feet will stay on the ground at all times!

    ReplyDelete